These fudgesicles are a real treat and the ultimate summer indulgence. They’re soo good, you’ll be making these long after. Plus, these chocolate popsicles are so much more chocolatey and creamy than anything you could ever buy. Once you try them, you’ll never go back to the boring ones on the freezer aisle.
With just 6 ingredients these chocolate popsicles come together very quickly. While they are rich, creamy, and intensely chocolatey, they also healthier than store-bought treats because they are homemade with simple ingredients.
Chocolate Popsicles Ingredients
- Chocolate. To make it insanely chocolatey you can whisk in an extra 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder with the milk for a double chocolate hit. We use dark chopped chocolate, but you can use unsweetened natural cocoa powder for a similar rich, deep flavor or go for Dutch-processed cocoa powder which will give this a milder flavor.
- Dairy. Whole milk and cream will make the creamiest chocolate pop, but you can also use vegan milks for a lighter popsicle (check out our popsicle ingredient guide on how to use low-fat dairy but still keep it wonderfully creamy).
- Sugar. Add a little sugar to sweeten to taste.
- Vanilla extract. A touch of vanilla enhances the flavors of the fudgesicle.
- Salt. Again, this serves to bring out the wonderful chocolatey flavor.
You don’t need any fancy equipment or skills to make them, just a saucepan, a whisk, and some molds. In less than 10 minutes (plus freezing time), you can whip up a batch of these frozen treats and enjoy them anytime you want.
- 6 oz dark chocolate finely chopped
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream (or coconut cream)
- ½ cup sugar (to taste)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Whisk together milk, cream & sugar in pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and chopped chocolate. Whisk until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Allow to cool. Pour into molds. Freeze at least 8 hours.
Or try these banana chocolate popsicles made with cocoa powder and sweetened with banana.