Gluten free and low-carb, this delicious chicken wrap is made with collard greens. Collard green wraps cut down on the carbs and empty calories found in tortillas and bread. Not only that, but you score massive nutrition points, as collard greens are rich in vitamins and minerals.
Collard greens are also great source of soluble fiber, which is good for your gut and helps make this collard green wrap super satisfying. If that wasn’t enough, collard green wraps don’t get soggy like sandwiches or tortillas, which makes them perfectly suited for healthy, portable lunches or picnics.
The combination of ingredients in this collard green wrap with chicken makes it a wonderfully balanced and filling meal. Pair these colorful, crunchily scrumptious collard green chicken wraps with creamily smooth Green Goddess dressing, for the perfect combination of flavors and textures.
Think of collard greens wraps as healthy, filling sandwiches that are super easy to customize. Just choose your favourite add-ins from the endless combos of protein, veggies, and creamy sauces. Basically, choose one from each group, and you’ve got yourself a perfectly balanced, tasty wrap. Change it up to suit your tastes.
- 6 large collard leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 oz cooked chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup red cabbage shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large cucumber julienne-cut
- 2 large carrot julienne-cut
- Wash collard greens thoroughly. With a sharp knife slice off the stem and remove the thick part of the large vein.
- Cook the collard greens for 45 seconds in salty boiling water. Drain and rinse with cold running water to stop further cooking. Let it cool. Cut in half and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, orange juice, honey and salt. Add in the red cabbage and gently toss.
- To assemble the rolls, take each collard wrap and place an even amount of the cooked chicken, red cabbage, carrot and cucumber and tightly roll.
- Serve immediately with sauce of your choice.