This smoothie recipe is as simple as they come. Just 5 ingredients and you’ve got yourself a scrumptious and healthy smoothie. Not only is this smoothie nutritious and vegan, we also drop the banana for this one. Most smoothies contain banana as a base (see how to make a smoothie), yet not everyone likes banana smoothies. We swap out banana for creamy, dreamy, yummy avocado instead (see also how to make a smoothie without bananas).
Strawberries provide high amounts of Vitamin C, while Goji berries are full of antioxidants, amino acids and trace minerals. Goji berries are packed with nutrients and add a nice twist to this breakfast smoothie! Avocado makes this breakfast smoothie wonderfully creamy, adds healthy fats, and makes this healthy smoothie filling too.
Add in a bit of your favorite protein powder to make this a great breakfast smoothie or on-the-go smoothie. It’ll give it a further nutritional boost and keep you full for longer!
- 1 large avocado ripe
- 1/4 cup Goji berries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cups almond milk (or vegan milk of choice)
- 1-2 tbsp protein powder of choice
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone, cut it in cubes and place the avocado in the blender. Wash the strawberries with plenty of water, drain well and place them in the blender.
- Add the almond milk and blend until creamy and smooth. Add the Goji berries and pulse 1-2 times to blend berries roughly, so to preserve some very small red Goji pieces to give the smoothie a bit of texture and a gorgeous look to your morning smoothie.Add more vegan milk of your choice to reach your preferred smoothie thickness.
- Top with Goji berries and serve right away for maximum nutritional benefits.