Easy to make, and quickly too, this simple and very tasty dip is perfect for entertaining or the occasional indulgence. This dip pairs perfectly with fruit, as well as crackers or crostini.
Have odd pieces of cheese left over in the refrigerator? This dip will turn your forgotten leftover into a super scrumptious treat.
Is it a dip? Is it a spread? Eat with apple or pear wedges (dipping?), or just good ol’ crakers (spreading!).
TIP! To prevent the fruit wedges from turning brown simply rub them with lemon juice.
- 4 oz light cream cheese room temperature
- 4 oz plain kefir or just use cream cheese
- 1 oz walnuts
- 4 oz cold blue cheese
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped chives to garnish
- Crackers or fruit wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the nuts on a sheet pan and toast in the oven, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Let the walnuts cool and then blend in a food processor until finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese and crumbled blue cheese mashing together with a fork. Mix in walnuts and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crackers or apple slices. To store, put the spread in a jar and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.