These black bean tacos are delightfully fresh and flavorsome. Hearty, but light this recipe makes for a quick and easy delicious lunch or weeknight dinner that is rich in healthy fats and protein.
With a filling of black beans, goat’s cheese, and avocado marinated in bright and zesty lime juice, these delicious tacos are packed with layer upon layer of flavor and texture.
If you’re pressed for time or stumped for something that is fresh, simple and healthy, make sure to add these black bean tacos with avocado to your recipe collection.
- 2 wholemeal tortillas warmed
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt
- Fresh juice from 2 limes
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the black beans and wash with plenty of water. Place them in a bowl, together with the juice from one lime, salt, pepper, red and green onion. Mix well and set aside to allow the flavors to infuse.
- To prepare the cream sauce, mix the yogurt with the juice from one lime, crushed garlic clove and a drizzle olive oil.
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone and cut it in small cubes.
- To build the tacos place 3-4 spoons of the black bean mixture on each taco, top with avocado cubes, crumbled goat cheese and yogurt sauce.
- Garnish with green onions pieces and roll the tacos. Serve right away.