This easy chicken curry makes for a richly flavorful and fragrant meal.
- 1.5 lb skinless chicken fillets cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- 10 oz low-fat coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece ginger sliced
- 2 tsp whole coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 small green chillies chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ cup water
- Coconut milk and lime or lemon wedges to serve
Place the garlic, ginger, coriander, curry powder and chilli in a blender and blend into a smooth paste. Set aside.
In a large saucepan heat the oil medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Then add the paste and cook, stirring for a 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the tomato, curry leaves and cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and water. Bring to a simmer.
Add the chicken, season and cook for a 20 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked.
Garnish the curry with coconut milk and serve immediately with lime or lemon wedges.